Twelve Covenant Names That God Gave Himself In The Old Testament
They reveal who God is!
1. Jehovah -Tsidkenu- The Lord our righteousness,God who is righteous (Jeremiah 23: 6)
2. Jehovah- M’kaddesh- The Lord who sanctifies or sets apart (Leviticus 20:7-8)
3. Jehovah- Shalom- The Lord God Of Peace (Judges 6:24)
4. Jehovah- Shammah- The Lord who is always there, or The Lord God who is present (Ezekiel 48:35, Hebrews 13: 5)
5. Jehovah-Rapha- The Lord God who heals, or Jehovah the Healer ( Exodus 15:26, Psalms 103:3)
6. Jehovah- Jireh- The Lord God who is my provider( Genesis 22:14)
7. Jehovah- Nissi- He is The Lord who is our victory banner (Exodus 17:15)
8. Jehovah- Rohi- The Lord who is my shepherd ( Psalms 23:1)
9. Jehovah- Adonai- The Lord who is my Master
10. El-Elyon- The Most High God (Psalms 91:1)
11. Elohim- He is The Lord God who is the Creator (Genesis 1: 1-2)
12. El-Shaddai- He is the All- Sufficient One. He is the Almighty One ( Genesis 49: 25)
Make sure that when you pray to use God’s name in your prayer time. Remeber that God’s Names reveals to you Who He is , His character, and what he will do because of it. This is a sure foundation that needed when having a prayer life. Pray to the living God.
By Sheila Thompson